Richard Mille RM52-05 ‘Pharrell’ Tourbillon
- Movement dimensions: 32.80 x 30.90 mm
- Thickness: 6.40 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 10.90 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
- Jewels: 19
- Balance wheel: Glucydur®, 2 arms and 4 setting screws
- Moment of inertia: 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift: 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: elinvar by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft: in nickel-free Chronifer® (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following characteristics: stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering
Mankind has looked at Space from the Earth for time immemorial. But with the RM 52-05 Tourbillon Pharrell Williams, the Earth is observed from Mars, a viewpoint expressing one of Pharrell Williams’ dreams. One almost fulfilled in this new model, interpreted by the Creative Development team at Richard Mille: an engraver, an enameller and a painter who, working together, have brought into being an extraordinary piece of contemporary, unconventional watchmaking.
Grade 5 titanium is a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy that enables the gear train to function effortlessly. The alloy is 90% titanium, 6% aluminium and 4% vanadium. This combination further enhances the material’s mechanical properties, which explains its frequent use in the aerospace, aeronautics and automobile industries.
The baseplate of the movement features large inserts in dazzling blue aventurine glass that evoke outer space. Also known as ‘goldstone’, this glass glitters due to its triangular and hexagonal copper crystal inclusions. Incorporated into the heart of the RM52-05 calibre, it represents the confines of the universe and all its stars.
Rigorous tests have also confirmed its resistance capacities.